[Prev][Next][Index]

re: Shrimp

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 1996 02:28:05 -0700
From: Mark Pearlscott <toy.fox at postoffice_worldnet.att.net>
To: Aquatic-Plants at ActWin_com
Subject: Re:Shrimp

>>Anyone seen the Yamato-Numaebi Shrimp in any retail stores in the US ?   These
>>are the ones that are so recommended in Nature Aquarium World for algee
>>control.

>>Dan Simon
>>Seattle, WA

Dan,

>From what I've been told by many people, the shrimp you are looking for
is the "Ghost Shrimp" commonly sold in fish stores.  I added a bunch to
my 70gal and they really went to town scavenging.  Some stores sell them
as much as a couple dollars each, but try to find a store that sells
them as feeders... then they are more like eight cents each.  P.S.  IMO
don't overload your tank with them, or you will have problems.

Mark Pearlscott