[Prev][Next][Index]

Light electronics question

> From: sywang at whale_st.usm.edu (Shiao Y. Wang)
> Date: Wed, 2 Oct 1996 00:23:42 -0500
>
> I've experienced a variety of problems with florescent lights in the
> past few months and would like to know the cause and ways to correct
> the problem.  These problems refer to rapid start lamps.

Do you have some grounded metal near the bulbs?  Your various problems
sound like a lack of decent ground reference.  If you have a metal
reflector, make sure it is grounded.  Connecting the ground prong of a
three prong plug to the ballast case and connecting the ballast case
to the metal reflector is the recommended approach.

> This only happens with a T-8 Triton bulb.  Regular T-12 bulb works
> fine.

T-8 meaning "not a 40w bulb" (1" diameter vs the 1.5" T-12 style)?
All our 48" 40w Tritons are T-12s.  Tritons seem particularly
sensitive to proper grounds.

George