From: littled at cris_com
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 1996 22:22:43 -0400
Subject: Help for E. tennellus

I planted E. tennellus in my 55, and true to form it took off and made a
very attractive carpet in the foreground.  About a month ago, growth
stopped and now many of the leaves are transparent.  Nothing has changed
that I am aware of - weekly water changes 10-20%, lights on a timer
12H/day, 2 40W bulbs 1 full spectrum, 1 warm spectrum, temp 78F, pH 7.2,
inconsistent addition of FerroVit, regular gravel no addition to
substrate.  Any suggestions to stop the trend and get back to growth and
runners?

Another problem with algae.  In my other tanks I have had the slimy
algae growing on the glass.  In the 55 above I don't have algae on the
glass, but I have a bear or thread algae growing (it is soft like
cotton, quite invasive with its branching growth).  Questions:
	What type is it?
	What can I do to get rid of it?
	Why this type all of a sudden?

I have pulled out whatever I see, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance for the input

More problems to come

Dave