[Prev][Index]

Freshater Shrimp

According to Claus Christensen, manager of Tropica Plants in Denmark,
shrimp are an excellent animal for controlling algae in planted aquaria.
After talking with Claus I went out and bought two varietiies. ONe has
turned out to be a filter feeder so I hold little hope for his/her algae
controlling talents. The others however are about 1.5 inches long and
when they are not hiding, spend their time picking around in the gravel
and plants. One of the females is clearly loaded with eggs above her
swimmerets and I want to give those eggs the best chance for survival
that I can. Can you recommend what to do?
TIA
Justin P. Healy
jphealy at sysconn_com