[Prev][Next][Index]

Re:Native Aquatic Plant Collection

under Florida Rules Chapter 62C-52 individuals must obtain an aquatic plant
collectors permit through the Florida Department of Environmental
Protection if they want to collect.  These is particularly true on State
lands.  The Park ranger does not have the authority to grant permission.
Also collection of prohibited species such as hygrophila are not allowed.
Rob Kipker, FDEP Program Administer, Bureau of Aquaitc Plant Management can
be contacted at (904) 488-5631.  Better to be safe than sorry.  The fines
can be stiff.  As part of our aquatic/aquarium/wetland plant
micropropagation  research program, we have many species in culture, all of
which have been collected under our aquatic plant collection permit.

Mike
Dr.  Mike Kane				Voice: (352) 392-7937
Environmental Horticulture Department		Fax:     (352) 392-3870
P.O. Box 110670				E-mail: mek at gnv_ifas.ufl.edu
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL 32611