[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #222

-----------------------------

>From: aldag at tzv_fal.de (Patrick Aldag)
>Date: Fri, 27 Sep 1996 07:35:30 +0200 (MET DST)
>Subject: Re: E. h. flowers (translating german)

Thanks for the offer, Patrick.  I had two semesters of German in college
about 30 years ago, and it is beginning to come back to me.  I had lost my
dictionary and grammar text, but have bought some new ones, bringing my
investment in Aquarienplfanzen to about $100.00.  I think I can get the
sense of most of what Kasselmann is saying with the aid of my dictionary.
Besides, I like reading about aquatic plants in German, and I am very
interested to see how the study and understanding of the hobby has
advanced.  It is lots more fun that grading papers!.

If I make mistakes on the Aquatic Plant Mailing List while attempting to
describe what Kasselmann is saying, I hope that others with a copy of the
book and with better German will correct me.

>excuse the awfull english

Gee, your english looks pretty good to me!  I have seen much worse from
college students for whom it is their only language.  It certainly is far
better than my German, if I would be so foolish to try to write in that
language.  Considering that nearly all Americans are monolingual, you have
nothing to be ashamed about.  I think that being able to communicate in a
second language is an impressive achievement.

In pleasant Mississippi.(High temps less than 90 degrees F.)