[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #213

>BTW, My wood's been in the tank for about 2 months already.It used to
float
>in the tank, being new and I tied it down using raffia and some string.
When
>could I fully remove all the ugly raffia and not have the wood floating?
>Calvin Chin

I've been told, haven't tried it yet, that if you boil your wood
(presumably in a pan of decently pure water on the stove) it will 1)release
a lot of the chemicals that will otherwise leach out over months or years,
and 2) loose all tenencys to float after being boiled for a suitible
amonunt of time.

Chris Hunter

Cyberdog ---A Product of Apple Computer, Inc.