[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: CO2 problems

>         Sorry to disagree with every one but the ratio of yeast will not
> cause his/her problem.  I have been using a full packet of yeast with no
> problem and 2 cups of sugar into a 1/2 full Gallon bottle.

I've found that using a whole packet of yeast will consume the sugar more
quickly. The result is that CO2 production doesn't continue as long.

I get 4-5 weeks worth of CO2 from a 1/2 teaspoon of yeast (6 cups water, 2
cups sugar). If you're getting the same from an entire packet of yeast,
then it's certainly worth cutting back to 1/2 a teaspoon.

Greg. Tong
San Francisco, CA, USA
gtong at sirius_com

"Every infinity is composed of only two halves."