[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: rockwool

I use rockwool to keep my clown loaches from digging up the crypts.  Also,
I have an E. bleheri which recently produced three plantlets on a runner
and is outgrowing the tank.  It was in rockwool when I bought it.

I had a recent bad experience using the Aq. Products plant plugs which
come pre-treated with fertilizer.  I knew better than to use them, but did
anyway, because it was Saturday, etc.  Turns out that the fertilizer
increased the phosphate in the tank to over 1ppm (off the scale on the
test kit).  So do be sure to get the rockwool from a hydroponics shop and
make the salesman swear that what you are getting is inert in water.

 Tom

 Work Phone: (206)-543-1075             Physical Mail: Box 352700
 Fax:        (206)-543-1543                            University of Washington
                                                       Seattle, WA
                                                       98195