[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Algae Eater pH levels

>From: "Williams, Rochelle - DCSPIM" <williaro at ftmcphsn-emh1_army.mil>
>
>I have a community discus planted 125g tank, pH ~6.8, temp 86F,
>ammonium/nitrites/nitrates 0 that contains 9 discus, 3 small tetras, 2 SAEs,
>1 bristlenose catfish, 4 cory catfish, and 2 otos.   I want to lower the pH
>slowly to around 4 or 5 (the lower the better) to combat cyanobacteria
>without resorting to medications.

Another concern may be the fate of your biofilter. Dave Gomberg can comment
more on this. Of course, if the tank is heavily planted, the plants may do
the work for you but what about the pH tolerance of your plants?

Greg. Tong
San Francisco, CA, USA
gtong at sirius_com

"Every infinity is composed of only two halves."