[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Tissue Cultured Aquarium Plants

> From: krombhol at felix_TECLink.Net (Paul Krombholz)
> >From: "Michael E. Kane" <mek at GNV_IFAS.UFL.EDU>
>
> >Has anyone purchased aquarium  plants that were commercially produced by
> >tissue culture (micropropagation)?  I would be interested in knowing your
> >general  impressions on thier quality and growth.
>
> There is a chance that a plant you bought in one of those little rockwool
> containers may have been propagated by tissue culture.

I think I read in a book about Tropica using tissue culture to propagate
several kinds of plants. I have a few plants which were Tropica;
Crypt wendtii is one I remember and they are doing well.

It would be hard to identify a plant growth problem related to
it being propagated by tissue culture since there are so many
other factors that control growth and health. I suppose they've
established that it works well by lab controlled experiments.

Steve in Vancouver