[Prev][Next][Index]

No Subject

Six foot aquarium and T-8 tubesSubject: Re: Triton Enhancers
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 1996 08:29:04 -0600
From: George Booth <booth at hpmtlgb1_lvld.hp.com>

> From: amc2 at ix_netcom.com (MERRILL COHEN )
> Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 12:46:30 -0700
>
> You could also try some "Triton Enhancers" (great reflectors) over
> your T-8 tubes.  They double the intensity.  I use 8 - 36" "Triton"
> tubes on my 150 gallon aquarium with "Enhancers" and the plants are
> fantastic!

Based on actual intensity measurements of Triton Enhancers vs Plain
Old White Shoplight Reflectors using identical bulbs and ballasts, the
Enhancers are 0% better than shoplight reflectors.  That's right, zero
percent.  They are, however, 250% more expensive.

BTW, bulbs with "internal reflectors" are also a rip-off.

George