[Prev][Next][Index]

re: severums and plants

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 96 19:54 CDT
To: Aquatic-Plants at ActWin_com
From: Phil Marty <philmguy at pop_wwa.com>
Subject: severums and plants

>------------------------------
>
>Hi all.
>
>I have been kinda lurking around here for a little while.
>Have found lots of good info.  I have just recently started
>growing plants in my angelfish tank.
>Now I am considering growing plants in my severum tank.
>Does anybody know if they will eat plants? I have looked
>in a couple books, but could not really find anything. And
>of course the guy at the pet store would say no.
>Thanks for any info.
>
>Erik

Yes they will eat plants, however . . .

I have a large gold severum in my heavily planted tank, along with a silver
dollar, which also is a plant eater, and a variety of smaller fish. I find
that if I keep romaine lettuce in the tank all of the time that there is
virtually no damage done to the plants.

Phil
Chicago