[Prev][Next][Index]

Giant lilaeopsis?

When I first bought the plant it looked just like the Lilaeopsis on page 92
of Barry James' Aquarium Plants book and was labeled Lilaeopsis. It soon
spread runners all over the tank and now the leaves grow 10-inches long and
the roots at least 5-inches. Tufts are so well-anchored I can't pul them
out of the gravel anymore. They get plenty of light.

Yet I read here and elsewhere that these are short plants with roots that
don't penetrate deeply. Do I have a different plant?

Greg. Tong
San Francisco, CA, USA
gtong at sirius_com

"Every infinity is composed of only two halves."