[Prev][Next][Index]

Pistia

I would like to know what are the best conditions to grow Pistia
stratiotes. So far, I put it in a jar with some soil and gravel at
the bottom and about 5cm/2in. of water. The jar is on the window
sill (at room temp). Does is need higher humidity (i.e. should I
cover the jar) or higher temp?

The reason I put  it in a jar is that I didn't have much luck keeping
it alive in an aquarium before. I hope direct sunlight might be
better.

Jan

-----
Jan Fidrmuc
CentER for Economic Research, Tilburg University, The Netherlands
P.O.Box 90153, 5000 LE Tilburg, phone: +31-13-466-8221, fax: +31-13-466-3066
Email: Fidrmuc at KUB_NL.
http://cwis.kub.nl/~few5/center/phd_stud/fidrmuc/home.HTM
-----