[Prev][Next][Index]

SPX50 revisited

>From: "E. Keith Johnson" <zekj2 at Access_ETSU-Tn.Edu>
>Date: Fri, 02 Aug 1996 15:49:54 -0400
>Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #112

> Does anyone have the lumens specs for the F32T8/SPX50?

>From GE Spec Sheet...

>Initial Lumens:  2800
>Mean Lumens:  2520

Thanks for the data, Keith.  This is a late reply, but to close out this
discussion, the comparison between the 3 bulbs I'm using is:

   Bulb        Type  Power  Init. Lumens     Mean Lumens    Lumens/Watt

Ultra Tri Lux   T10   40W       3350              ?
UltraLume       T12   40W       3280            2950            74
SPX 50          T8    32W       2800            2520            79

So, the T8 is more economical, as far as lumens per watt is concerned, but
it does not give higher output than the other T10 and T12 bulbs I have.
Since I'm most concerned with getting the most light to my plants, I don't
think I will go with the T8.

Hoa