[Prev][Next][Index]

re: Hood retrofit

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 1996 15:55:41 -0500 (EST)
From: DIONIGI MALADORNO <MALADORD%A1%RNISD0 at mr_nut.roche.com>
Subject: Hood retrofit
To: AQUATIC PLANTS <Aquatic-Plants at ActWin_com>

Jonathan_Kirschner at Energetics_com (Jonathan Kirschner) wrote:

> I recently purchased a VHO fluorescent lighting kit from Champion Lighting
> and Supply Co. in Pennsylvania and have a question about retrofitting
> my existing Perfecto Double Brite Strip Reflector  <snip>

If you mentioned to them your intentions (to upgrade an existing light
strip), it seems that the supplier you used keeps selling unnecessary parts
to his customers. Two years ago they did the same thing to me, and then I
found out that the existing sockets of a Perfecto light strip (or similar
brands) work perfectly with the IceCap. Of course you must have a glass
canopy between the lights and the water. I have two aquaria with IceCaps: a
20 gal with a 24" single strip powered by an IceCap 430 (it has been working
well for ~18 months), and a 180 gal with two of the four 36" double strips