[Prev][Next][Index]

TexBlast?

> From: "Matt Van Bukirk" <j.vanbuskirk at m_cc.utah.edu>
> Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 13:07:43 -0700
>
> I've heard the word TexBlast used for a substrate?
>
> What's the who, what, where, why, when, and how of it?
>
> I live in dry Utah were everything from the earth has a 7.8 pH buffering
> capacity, including the gravel from local gravel yards.  If you could help
> me find of source of gravel that doesn't buffer the pH up, my Discus would
> be greatly pleased.

TextBlast is a brand name for quartz sandblasting gravel, light brown
in color, about 2-3mm grain size.  It looks exactly like the substrate
material shown in "The Optimum Aquarium".  I believe it is still
produced in Texas.  Many Colorado fish stores carry it (it is brought
up here from Texas by one of the Denver wholesalers).  The producer
doesn't ship directly.

It's an 8 hour drive from Salt Lake City to Ft. Collins, where
Denizen's of the Deep keeps it in stock.  $9.50 per 50#.

George in Sunny, Hot Colorado