[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: ich, water temp, and fish health

>Raising the temperature to 85 degrees F. both strengthens the fishes' immune
>response and weakens the parasite directly.  Several disease books recommend
>keeping the temperature elevated for one to two weeks.

Sorry, I have to disagree with this. Perhaps some fish benefit from higher
temps but not all, especially not nontropical fish. As cold-blooded
animals, fish's metabolism might increase with higher temps but that would
also go for bacterial growth, and so on.

Greg. Tong
San Francisco, CA, USA
gtong at sirius_com

"Every infinity is composed of only two halves."