[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #107

Hi all,

> My Valisnaria G.are growing too fast and need to have their tops cut back.
> Nothing in the literature I've seen advises against this, although I can't
> help but think this has to weaken the plant.  I've been reluctant to do
> this since they keep so many things in the tank balanced.
>
> What do you folks advise?
>
> Augustine Rodriguez
> Elk Mound, WI, USA

	I've had giant vall take over my tanks as well.  It grows like
a weed under the right condition.  Since you're successful in growing
your plants, I'd say cut them back.  They'll produce enough new leaves
to take over the cut back ones and your aquarium will stay in balance.

	Once I cut back all my giant vall to the base, and within a week
it was up to the surface of the aquarium again.  You can't kill it, unless
you really try!

Regards,

Chris Teichreb
Department of Biology