[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Sand

On Sun, 21 Jul 1996 03:39:02 -0400, Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com
wrote:

>I have noticed that many people use sand blasting sand for the top layer.  I
>bought a 100 pound bag at the local Home Depot.  It is #30 silica sand.  Is
>this the right stuff?  It seems pretty fine.  I saw #3 sand at a local
>aquarium shop but it is much more expensive at 25 cents per pound compared
>to 4 dollars for 100 pounds of the #30 sand.

It is not fair to compare Home Depot with your local aquarium shop.
There are very few discus for sale at Home Depot.   If you want to
compare your Home Depot sand with #3 aquarium gravel you need to find
a place that carries it as sand.  There is a cement place locally
that does that.   Keep searchin'

Dave Gomberg, Experimenta      San Francisco CA USA   gomberg at wcf_com