[Prev][Next][Index]

No Subject

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 1996 11:02:40 +0000 (+1200)
From: Len Trigg <trigg at jane_cs.waikato.ac.nz>
Subject: Java fern black spots?

Hi all,

I was recently asked the following question:

> Question: One of our members has Java fern in a community tank. It
> started to develop black spots on it which have started to spread - not
> only to the rest of the Java but to other plants as well. Her pH is quite
> alkaline (which she is trying to rectify). Could this be the problem or
> something else? I know Java can naturally have brown marks on it but
> these seem to be different because of the spreading to other plants. Any
> ideas please?

I seem to have heard about this type of thing before but couldn't remember if
a cause had been decided on.  I had a quick search around on the net, and
didn't come up with anything.

Any clues??

Cheers,
    Len.
--
 Comp Sci Grad   DoD#1334   trigg at cs_waikato.ac.nz