[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: {Q}co2

> I have been lurking around here for a little bit now.
> I have recently ventured into live plant keeping.
> Have decided to make a homemade co2 reactor.
> The question I have is this. "I went to the grocery
> store near me {actually an oversized bodega} and
> they have only  envelopes of "active dry yeast". I'm
> guessing that this is not regular yeast?
> It says on the back "1 pkg. active dry yeast(1/4oz.} =
> = 1 pkg. cake fresh yeast {0.6oz.}, 1 pkg. of active dry
> yeast measures about 2 1/4 tsp"
> Can I use this stuff? I am no chemist. Or should I just
> toss it? And get reg. yeast??
> any and all responses will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Erik

Hi Erik

Yes, dry yeast is perfect for CO2. My set is working from 1st of july and
only now starts to decrease a little but still outputting 1 bubble/second.

3 cups sugar into 2 liters tap water and shake till sugar is dissolved
1 tsp bakink soda and shake till all is dissolved
1/2 tsp dry yeast (don't shake)

After 1 day or less (depends from room temperature) will work.

Good luck and regards       Ezio

Ciao  Ezio                _ _
                           -
  FERRO Ezio                             Torino - Italia
              Quando il gioco si fà duro,
              è il duro che inizia a giocare.