[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Hornwort

Dan Simon asked...
>Anyone familiar with the Hornwort plant ? I hear it's a free floating stem
>plant that tastes bad to fish.  Any thoughts to its use in the planted
>aquarium?

Goldfish will nibble at it. Otherwise it grows pretty well in
moderate light and even soft water, although it is said to prefer
a little calcium. Like most floating plants it will reduce the
intensity of the light reaching the plants below.

--
Dave Whittaker                       ac554 at FreeNet_Carleton.CA
Gloucester, Ontario                  dwhitt at magmacom_com