[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Aquatic Plants on the WWW

Todd March said...
>You might also check out the finest aquatic nursery in the world, Tropica, at:
>
>                        < http://www.tropica.dk/tropica.htm >
>
>We in the US aren't lucky enough to procure Tropica plants--thanks alot
>Dept. Of Agriculture...

Actually the person to thank is a Dutchman who once worked for Tropica
and then set out on his own to import into the U.S. My source (which isn't
Tropica) has him denouncing the quality/health of Tropica's plants which
resulted in the product of both companies being banned by the Department.
That may also be the origin of the use of the sterile fiberglass potting
technique. It's a shame really.

--
Dave Whittaker                       ac554 at FreeNet_Carleton.CA
Gloucester, Ontario                  dwhitt at magmacom_com