Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #28

> I am not convinced that the caulk is a good idea for the longterm.
> I have seen several diagrams which recommended using a either
> a rubber stopper as seen in a chemistry lab for chemical bottles
> or a drip irrigation tap.  I have looked for these at local
> hardward stores including Home Depot, college campus stores, and
> liquor stores that carry homebrew equipment.  I have NOT found
> these anywhere, although I found a rubber stopper with a LARGE
> hole at a homebrew store.  Can anyone suggest where this item
> can be found or a better alternative to the rubber stopper?

You can drill a hole in a plain rubber stopper.  You might have to run the
drill bit in and out of the hole a few times, since the rubber will tend
to close up after you have drilled.  And you don't want a pristine hole,
anyway, just something you can jam a piece of rigid tubing into.