[Prev][Next][Index]

Eradicating snails

As far as eradicating snails... Is anyone familiar with dwarf frogs? Amano
raves about them for snail plagues in his book ('"dwarf shimegaeru"), but
my local Japanese supplier, that sells me the marvelous yamanto-numaebi and
bumble bee shrimp, doesn't think this "dwarf shimegaeru" comes from Japan,
as he can't find them.

Though another local merchant has dwarf frogs (1/2" long), but he's sure
they come from Africa, and is concerened that they will get big enough to
devour shrimp...?

Also are the large "pellets" I find on my anubias and crypt leaves the
waste products of snails?

Best,

Todd March
tmarch at primenet_com