[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: MT Snails

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Plants FIDO-Gate <Plants.FIDO-Gate at f78_n480.z2.fidonet.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 96 09:51:23 +0200
Subject: Trumpet Snails

Yoadie yo ho !!!

Based on a message from alan van nevel to All,

 avn> Can anyone provide a brief description of a Malaysian Trumpet snail?
 avn> At the pet store where I work, we have some trumpet snails, that may

Well, the adult MT snail as about 3/4" long, with a very
slender shell that looks like a corkscrew or something. the
colour is brown, with nice patches on it. The shell has a
lid. The snail is interesting, because it's dark in colour
unlike many other snails. Its mouth is very long.

 avn> be the right kind.  Also, would these snails be a good addition to a
 avn> tank that has a large patch of Lilleopsis (not sure which species, it
 avn> is rather short)?  The substrate for the lilleaopsis is not very deep,
 avn> compared to the rest of the tank.

The snails don't destroy any plants, and they don't really
move the substrate, so I don't think there would be any
problems. They don't need a deep substrate.

           /
          ||/   -=< TONID >=-
     | /| |/   Tomasz Nidecki
     || |//    2:480/78, 39:200/110, 52:4804/16
     ||////    Tomasz.Nidecki at f78_n480.z2.fidonet.org
     /  /_
    |', ___