[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Rotala macrandra

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stephen.Pushak at saudan_HAC.COM
Subject: Re: Rotala macrandra
To: Aquatic-Plants at ActWin_com
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 15:26:27 PDT

I grow Rotala macrandra quite successfully in two tanks, one with
soil and one with gravel supplemented with solid fertilizer. It
seems to respond to regular Fe supplementation but the biggest
effect seemed to be when I started using PMDD; it took off line
a rocket and the older leaves stopped developing dark spots. I
use fairly strong MH lighting on both tanks. Almost all of my
plants showed a strong response to the increased levels of nitrate
and potassium in PMDD; perhaps the daily addition of trace elements
helps too. I should point out that studies indicate plants can
preferentially absorb macro nutrients from the substrate however
since these can be depleted over time, these can be very successfully
supplemented in solution (except for Phosphorus).

Steve in Vancouver (just returned from LA where it was HOT!)