[Prev][Next][Index]

Q:[ Water Hyacinth]

Hi,
 I have run a little experiment. I placed some water hyacinth and water
lettuce in a small pond in my back yard.( I plan to get to the point and
to planted tanks after some background info ). The water in the pond was
dark and hand a green tint to it. After 2 weeks it is now clear and
clean.  I have no filter in the pond and it is located in full sun. What
I'm wondering about, and thinking of trying, is to use water hyacinth in
my indoor tank to help control alge. So, before I reinvent the wheel, I
thought I would ask if anyone out there has already tried this.
      Thanks in advance,
       Larry Beach