[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Sandpoint's System

Todd March asked if anyone was using Sandpoint's new Cable Convective
substrate heating
equipment? (Guestimate of $175 street price); note: this is different from
their Cable Heating System!  I set up the system and like it.  The $175 is a
RIP OFF!!!  Call sandpoint directly and get it for around $125 plus tax and
mailing costs.  The heating element is very fine, insulated wire and they
include suction cups to hold it in place.  Be sure to test the equipment
before covering it up.  A light will come on on the system to let you know
its working.  My water temp is around 86F and the bottom of the tank (stick
on thermometer on the outside) measures 90F.  Since I'm in the process of
eliminating a red algae infestation and the tank is nitrogen deficient, I
can't comment on the sucess of the system.  This is my first planted tank
with substrate heating so I have no comparison.

Rochelle Williams
williaro at ftmcphsn-emh1_army.mil