I read several times in APD that copper is bad for the plants. Does 
anybody know what are the symptoms of copper poisoning in plants? About 
5 months ago I did some plumbing using copper pipes. I'm wondering if 
the slow down in growth for several species of my plants is due to 
copper poisoning or others. Most affected is Alternanthera sp. I did 
waste the initial water before hooking it up to my tank. I also have 
problem with green spot algae and just a bit of red beard algae. If the 
copper did it, are the alga able to withstand copper poisoning? Thanks 
for any information.