[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Re: unhooking UGF?

> From: olga at arts_ubc.ca
> Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 16:40:05 -0700
> Subject: Re: unhooking UGF?
>
> Bob Hoffman wrote:
>
> >Here are my $0.02 worth of advice:
> >1) Leave the UG filter in place but unhook it.
> <snip rest>
>
> Have I not seen advice in the past that this is a very BAD idea? I remember
> someone giving some good-sounding reasons why not to do it. No?
>
> Olga
> in lovely sunny Vancouver heading into a weekend! Yay!!!

I originally had an UG filter in my 35 gal. tank.  About 10 years ago I
unhooked the airline but left the filter plate in place.  No problems
with this setup so far.  If something detrimental has not happened in 10
years, I doubt it ever will.  Thus, the reasoning behind my original
recommendation.  Has anyone ever developed a problem with a
non-functional UG filter?

Bob Hoffman
Huntington Beach Orchids
http://www.deltanet.com/users/bhoffman/hborchid.htm