[Prev][Next][Index]

Echinodorus blooms

Hi, all,
 I have a large Echinodorus sold under the trade name of a "Marble Queen
Sword."  I looks sort of like a big, variegated radicans sword.  It has
put out a long runner with a couple of plants and one of the flowers which
is emersed has opened to a pretty little white and yellow blossom.  What
do I do with it now?  If I pass a brush across the blossom, and
successfully pollinate, will I get Marble Queen Sword seeds?  Should I
wait a couple of days for additional blossoms which might also open, and
try to pollinate the lot?  This
is my first experience with such things, so any advice is appreciated.

Tom Price in Seattle, where it was nice over the weekend, but now it's
crummy again.