[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: SAEs & Kuhli Loaches

>From: Al Salas <aasalas at aamc_org>
>Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 09:08:09 -0400
>Subject: SAEs & Kuhli Loaches
>
>Like so many here, I occasionally have trouble w/beard algae and would like
to get >some SAEs to keep the algae in check.  However, I have 5 kuhli
loaches already >established in my 29 gal heavily planted tank (along with
some tetras & an Oto), and >I can't imagine being able to catch the kuhli's
w/o destroying the tank--they're >practically impossible to catch.  So does
anyone have experience with how well the >two get along?  Would the SAEs
scarf up all the available bottom food that I supply >for the kuhli's, which
can be a bit shy?  Alternatively, does anyone have a >suggestion on how to
catch the kuhli's to move them?

I have SAEs and Kuhli Loaches together.  There is no problem with this.
SAEs are not bottom scavengers.  They graze on algae on the leaves, and will
happily accept flakes.

Hoa