[Prev][Next][Index]

moving water...

Howdy folks,

On the idea of moving water, has anyone thought about using "wave
generators" on their tanks???  I have used these before on reef tanks and
they are vey nice.  They have a switch that turns on and off the powerheads
to imitate the surge and retreat of the water during wave action.  This
might prevent the "crooked growing plants" that develop from having the
powerhead pointed at them continously.  Another though i had was to use some
sort of device on the return of the powerhead that would swivel back and
forth would prevent the powerhead from blasting one area all of the
time...but I have no idea how to fabricate one at the moment (Damnit Jim, I
am a doctor...not an engineer...hehehe).

    John Davis (marooned in aggieland)
    Department of Biology
    http://http.tamu.edu:8000/~jmd9261
    jdavis at bio_tamu.edu