[Prev][Next][Index]

KH/pH/CO2... Temperature?

> From: "Olive K. Charlsey" <achaudh at emory_edu>
> Date: Sun, 26 May 1996 12:55:29 -0400 (EDT)
>
> Most of us have seen this chart:
>
> 		The Relationship of CO2, pH and KH
> [deleted]
>
> 	However, does anyone know the "multiplier" or constants we
> should use to adjust these values for different water temperatures?
> For what temperature is this chart accurate? Stated another way, is
> the relationship between water temperature and dissolved CO2 linear?
> And, if so, what is the constant we can use to figure the true CO2
> concentration according to this chart and the water temperature?

As far as I know, the CO2 concentration is not temperature dependent,
at least in the range of temperatures typical in planted aquaria.

Even if it were temperature dependent, the effect would be so small it
would be insignificant compared to the measurement error involved in
gathering data for use with the table.  Also, any resulting variance
in CO2 level would be insignificant in terms of plant growth.

George