[Prev][Next][Index]

chillers: peltier

Last week I did receive a peltier diode/element.

It consists of two ceramic layers with the real
active element sitting in between them.

It needs an power supply of approx. 13.8Volts=@3.5Amps.

The capability is: "pumping" heat (energy) to approx. 65 Watts.

When you apply electr. power to it one side is becoming hot
and the other side becomes (freezing) cool.

My guess is: put cooling fins and a fan on the hot side and
bring the cool side in (heat)contact with the aquaruim waterflow.
The first part is common thing to me (audio amplifiers), but
how can one realise the second part?
I don't prefer glass, because what can happen when the device is
litterally getting _freezing_ cold? It may crack I think...

Is stainless steel a good choice?

I hope some of you with heat problems can do something with this
information for next (hot? ;-) ) summer.

When the electric polarity is reversed the device can act as an
aquarium heater.
Besides that the voltage is safe (if the power transformer is) :-).

Gerard van Klaveren.