[Prev][Next][Index]

cedar, cypress, and juniper....

Hey all,

I think we want to keep the terminalogy all straight here.  Cedar is Cedrus
and is from the eastern mediterranian...something we are not going to see
much of in aquaria...unless you are in Isreal or Lebanon.  Cedar in the the
southern US and Texas is a Juniper (either virginica or texana) and in this
case a TOTALLY different individual.  Cypress is a swamp tree....and does
great in aquatic systems where it is (was since it is now quite dead)
native.  People are so sensitive to the scientific names of the plants we
put in our tanks...let be just as accurate about the other plants as
well...even when it is only their "skeletons".

    John Davis (marooned in aggieland)
    Department of Biology
    http://http.tamu.edu:8000/~jmd9261
    jdavis at bio_tamu.edu