[Prev][Next][Index]

Re:Madagascar lace plant

Llewellyn Kouba, <LPKOUBA at tiny_computing.csbsju.edu> wrote Sun, May 19:

>I am an avid aquarist and have succesfully grown numerous variety of plants but
>would like to try the madagascar lace - Can anyone out there give me advice as
>to how to culture this one?  Thank you... Llewellyn Kouba

Madagascar lace plants like some soil under the gravel, but they do not
like a very high amount of organic matter in that soil.  I have found that
they benefit greatly from having some other plants nearby whose roots come
in contact with the lace plant's roots.  I have never had success with a
lace plant when it is in a tray by itself, but I have always had good
growth when they had a "companion" plant.  Small crypts make good companion
plants.  Lace plants like a lot of room, moderate to high light, and they
benefit from CO2 additions.

Good luck!

In hot, humid Mississippi where the Bermuda High has set up shop early and
kept away the rain.