[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: madagascar lace

> From: LPKOUBA at tiny_computing.csbsju.edu
> Date: Sun, 19 May 1996 17:17:34 -0500 (CDT)
> Subject: madagascar lace
>
> I am an avid aquarist and have succesfully grown numerous variety of plants but
> would like to try the madagascar lace - Can anyone out there give me advice as
> to how to culture this one?  Thank you... Llewellyn Kouba
>
> ------------------------------I don't claim to be an expert at growing this plant, but the one I have
has been growing quite well for almost one year.  I think some of the
keys, which apply to most aquatic plants as well, is good lighting and
frequent partial water changes.  I use 4-30 watt bulbs in my 35 gal. tank
and change a minimum of 50% of the water each week.  I also have inserted
laterite in the form of balls into the gravel, use DIY CO2, and
supplement the water with various iron supplements.

Bob Hoffman
Huntington Beach Orchids
Huntington Beach, CA USA
A good complement to aquatic plants are orchids.
Check out our web page at:
http://www.deltanet.com/users/bhoffman/bhorchid.htm