[Prev][Next][Index]

Loosestrife

>> The last one I suspect is Loosestrife.  It is light green, and the first
>> leaves on top are light pink.  I might not be providing enough iron for the
>> leaves to be red like described in my book.

I don't know if this "Loosestrife" is the same thing that's growing wild in
ponds in this city, called "Purple Loosestrife" but, if it is, it is a
banned plant. It is an import (from Europe I believe) and it quickly chokes
ponds and out competes all the native flora. It is pretty but -- if you
have some, DON'T LET IT OUT OF THE TANK. It must be a prisoner for life. :)
And, BTW, it grows emersed not submersed.

Olga
in Vancouver where it looks like it's going to clear up -- and rain!