[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Grounding Electrode

Andrew Hamilton <andrewha at tafe_sa.edu.au> wrote:

> Finally I
> decided to try earthing out the water and BINGO, all interference was gone.
> I can now switch anything on or off without making any difference to the Ph
> probes' reading.

> The question I have now is what metal is safe to use in an aquarium?

A good choice would be a graphite rod. The center post out of a "D" cell
battery might work OK (assuming that it can be cleansed of the battery
electrolyte). I don't know if graphite rods are still used in high
intensity carbon arc lamps. Graphite is often used as an electrode in
chemical processes, perhaps it is available industrially.

Paul