[Prev][Next][Index]

Re:New set up

<< I have an underground filter.  Is it enough to switch it off during the
day, or should I disconnect it altogether and try something different?  Any
suggestions what? >>

Don't turn off your undergravel filter, Do not.  When you turn off your
undergravel, all that nice bacteria dies due to the lack of fresh oxygenated
water reaching it.  This may 'crash' your whole tank.  If you are using the
airstone and pump method on the undergravel, think about switching to
powerheads (which create currents but no massive bubbling).

     - Keith   Breedofish at aol_com