[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Dormancy of Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #67

> From: Cynthia Powers <cyn at metronet_com>
> Date: Sun, 12 May 1996 01:29:56 -0500 (CDT)
> Subject: Admin re: catalog requests
>
> ObAquatic-Plants:  Saw Madagascar Lace Plants in a local pet store for
> the first time ever; to date, I had only seen photographs of them.  Still
> pondering their addition to one of my tanks.  Do they require the same
> sort of resting period as many other Aponogetons?
>
> Cynthia

It seems that individual lace plants respond differently, at least based
upon the experiences of others.  Apparently, some do require a dormant
period and those usually die at that point when grown in an aquarium.  On
the other hand, a few grow continuously and few people that have had
success seem to have that type of plant.

As was indicated in my previous post, I have grown one for about nine
months and it is still is producing new leaves.

Bob Hoffman
Huntington Beach, CA USA
HUNTINGTON BEACH ORCHIDS

BTW, for any of you who grow orchids, I will have a listing uploaded in a
day or two at:
http://www.deltanet.com/users/bhoffman/hborchid.htm