From: Williams, Rochelle - DCSPIM
To: John Kuo
Subject: Re:  Developing aquarium hobbyist software
Date: Thursday, May 09, 1996 8:10AM

Concerning what aquatic plant keepers would like -

This list has discussed over and over how no one aquatic plant book has
enough pictures and descriptions of species and varieties.  A CD-ROM
database with pictures, correct pronunciation, and details on keeping would
peak my interest.  By details, I don't mean pH=this, temp=that...plants can
be kept in a range of water parameters.  Some need higher salt content,
others need flowing water, etc.

I have a gardening program called Landscape Designer that I use only for the
plant database.  The database is from White Flower Farms catalog, but the
range of information, pictures and SEARCH CAPABILITIES was worth the price
of the CD alone.  If I found an aquatic plant program similar to this with
around a 1000 entries, I'd snatch it up.  Aquatic plant books normally have
around 125-250 entries.

Other ideas include a database of DIY aquarium products with diagrams and
building instructions.  However, with a little searching almost every DIY
project is located on the web for free.

Rochelle Williams
williaro at ftmcphsn-emh1_army.mil