[Prev][Next][Index]

duckweed

All the talk about duckweed has prompted me to write about my
observations with growing the stuff. Once i started growing plants I was
told "never ever get the stuff, or you will never get rid of the stuff".
Recent postings on duckweed concur with that observation, however I have
never been able to grow it. It is not a water chemistry problem, I grow a
reasonably large number of plants to a presentable standard. Australian
and Papua new guinean rainbowfish eat it. Several times now i have had
plants come in with it from the store and it never lasts more than a
couple of days. The trifasciata's that I have seem to particularly enjoy
it. This is just a suggestion to anybody that is trying to get rid of it
from their tanks and are sick of trying to remove it themselves. A few
adult rainbows get through a lot of food and are always looking for more
that they can eat.

Have a  good day

Peter Hughes