[Prev][Next][Index]

Phosphate removal from Waste Treatment Lagoons

Hi, my name is joao jayme iess, environmental consultant in south Brasil.
Recently, one of mine customers passed to me the following problem :
1-The WTP is made up of four Lagoons : A, B, C and D. A,B,C are aerated
lagoons and D is a final, decanting and polishing lagoon where the total
inorganic phosphates concentration is about 600 mg/l (milligrams !!!).
This results in legal violation and large algae bloom.I have read from
previous e-mail communications that a good phosphate removal agent is
vermiculite or laterite. I would like to know where can I get additional
information about this materials, what is their specific absorption rate,
and where to buy them. Please send me some information to :

jjiess at iconet_com.br, thanks

JOAO JAYME IESS
INTERSCIENCE DO BRASIL LTDA
SAO JOSE DOS CAMPOS, SP