[Prev][Next][Index]

sodium thiophoshate with chloramine

>       I now have it.  Thanks.  Thiosulphate should work for chloramine
>in much the same way as it does for chlorine.  A somewhat higher dosage
>may be required for the same number of ppm chloramine as chlorine,
>because the former has a lower molecular weight (51.5 vs 71, so use
>about 1/3 more).

FYI: the directions for the Aquarium Pharmacuticals water treatment
product says 1 drop per gallon to neutralize chlorine, but say use 1/2
teaspoon per gallon if the goal is to neutralize the chlorine
component of chloramine. The directions do say you have to use another
product to neutralize the ammonia that gets freed up in the process.

Thomas