[Prev][Next][Index]

Re: Sodium thiosulfate dosage

Paul Bucciaglia wrote...

>Dave, what is the reccomended level of Na thiosulfate for chlorine?  How
>much is needed to dechlor water that comes out of the tap at pH~8?
>How does Na thiosulfate affect micronutrient concentrations?

Depends upon your chloramine levels which could be 0.5 ppm to 2.0 ppm
or above. If you use four times the recommended dosage for chlorine
written on the bottle, you are almost guaranteed to be alright. I have
no idea how or if it affects micronutrients.

and

Paul Sears wrote...
>Hopefully Dave W, will fill us in....

I'm not going to get sucked into this with my very limited knowledge
of chemistry. I'll send you the article I mentioned by a Gary Zimmerman,
Department of Physiology, University of California. You can figure it
out for us.

I have one question about PMDD. Will the magnesium have a tendency to
replace the chelated micronutrients in the concentrate? Maybe it is
better to keep it out of the mix and add it separately.

--
Dave Whittaker                       ac554 at FreeNet_Carleton.CA
Gloucester, Ontario                  dwhitt at magmacom_com